A collection of Six short stories
1) The Ever-Loving Spouse: Simon Templar is asked for help by a man who was tricked into being in a compromising position.
2) The Fruitful Land: The man that the Saint has targeted for justice does not believe the Saint really exists.
3) The Percentage Player: The con man that the Saint goes up against does nothing that is not mathematically favorable to him.
4) The Water Merchant: The invention was too good to be believed and the Saint was the chief non-believer.
5) The Gentle Ladies: Two elderly ladies in a small village in England are being preyed upon by a blackmailer.
6) The Element of Doubt: A shady lawyer gets a arsonist acquitted and the Saint wants to see justice is done.
Written by Leslie Charles Bowyer-Yin (1907-1993)
Crime Club Doubleday